Election 2008 features a video symposium with invited representatives from the Obama and McCain campaigns discussing their different proposals for resolving our health care crisis, as well as Perspectives from Obama and McCain, and critiques of their health care plans. In a short poll, we asked our readers how important health care was to them in the presidential election (84% said very important), and which candidate’s platform they preferred (47% said neither). The polling results and comments from 700 of your peers are available to see, and food for thought if you’re heading to the polls in two weeks.
Posted by Karen Buckley • October 22nd, 2008
Comments are closed.
Get Our Blog Updates Via E-mail!
NEJM in the News
- CBS News covered the NEJM Special Article, “Outcomes of Daytime Procedures Performed by Attending Surgeons after Night Work.” Kaiser Health News covered the article as well, which was syndicated on PBS News Hour (8/26). FOX News also ran yesterday’s Reuters story on the article. (August 27)
- The Boston Globe referenced the 2012 NEJM Review Article, “Drug Therapy: Management of Opioid Analgesic Overdose,” in an article about medical marijuana’s potential to alleviate the state’s drug epidemic. (August 27)
- The Boston Globe referenced the NEJM Perspective, “Invisible Colleagues,” in yesterday’s Opinion Digest. (August 27)
- The Huffington Post referenced the NEJM Perspective, “The Next Epidemic — Lessons from Ebola,” in an article titled, “’We Were Lucky This Time': How Experts are Battling the Next Ebola.” (August 27)
- The Huffington Post referenced the NEJM Original Article, “Association of Improved Air Quality with Lung Development in Children,” in an article about corporations mobilizing against climate change. (August 27)
- The New York Times ran an op-ed by NEJM correspondent Lisa Rosenbaum about the decision on whether or not to have surgery upon detection of D.C.I.S. The piece is titled, “Let Fear Guide Early Stage Breast-Cancer Decisions.” (August 27)
NEJM on Youtube
- NEJM Group will be exhibiting at the upcoming conferences below:
- European Society of Cardiology in London, England. Aug. 29-Sept. 2. Booth #C-807
- IDWeek in San Diego, CA. Oct. 8-10. Booth #922
- American Society of Nephrology in San Diego, CA. Nov. 5-7. Booth #508
- American Heart Association in Orlando, FL. Nov. 8-10. Booth #822
- American Society of Hematology in Orlando, FL. Dec. 5-7. Booth #514
Tagsabdominal pain anemia asthma breast cancer cardiac arrest Case Records Case Records of the Massachusetts General Hospital Clinical Decisions Clinical Practice Clinical Problem-Solving colorectal cancer COPD CPR Diabetes dyspnea fever global health glucocorticoids HIV hypertension Interactive Medical Cases Massachusetts General Hospital medicine Medstro myocardial infarction NEJM nejm 200th anniversary NEJM 200th Anniversary website NEJM Group NEJM Group Open Forum New England Journal of Medicine obesity pregnancy prostate cancer Quick Take ribavirin sepsis septic shock smoking stroke thrombocytopenia tuberculosis type 2 diabetes Venous thromboembolism weight loss