Be sure to watch a striking video on Leukocytosis and Sublingual Microvascular Blood Flow published alongside the study, B-Cell Clones as Early Markers for Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia. Sidestream dark field (SDF) imaging was used to determine the severity of the leukocytosis. When the patient’s white blood cell count was high, the blood flowed slowly; after treatment, the blood flowed freely.
Posted by Karen Buckley • February 26th, 2009
Comments are closed.
Subscribe to The House Podcast
Get Our Blog Updates Via E-mail!
NEJM in the News
- STAT referenced the 2015 NEJM Perspective, “Intensity of Chronic Pain — The Wrong Metric?” in a special report titled, “A ‘civil war’ over painkillers rips apart the medical community — and leaves patients in fear.” (January 17)
- KHN Repeal & Replace Watch referenced the NEJM Special Article, “Effect of Removal of Planned Parenthood from the Texas Women’s Health Program,” in a story titled, “GOP Vows To Defund Planned Parenthood. Reality Makes That Hard.” (January 17)
- Yahoo Finance ran a Business Wire press release on an upcoming NEJM Catalyst event. (January 17)
- The BMJ referenced the NEJM Clinical Practice article, “Screening for Colorectal Neoplasia,” in Richard Lehman’s journal review. (January 16)
- NPR Shots/KHN referenced the NEJM Special Article, “Effect of Removal of Planned Parenthood from the Texas Women’s Health Program,” in a story titled, “That Vow To Defund Planned Parenthood: Easy To Say, Hard To Do.” (January 15)
- Boston.com/AP quoted MMS president Dr. James Gessner in a story titled, “Physicians group unhappy over new alternative medicine law.” (January 14)
NEJM on Youtube
- NEJM Group will be exhibiting at the upcoming conferences below:
- European Society of Cardiology in London, England. Aug. 29-Sept. 2. Booth #C-807
- IDWeek in San Diego, CA. Oct. 8-10. Booth #922
- American Society of Nephrology in San Diego, CA. Nov. 5-7. Booth #508
- American Heart Association in Orlando, FL. Nov. 8-10. Booth #822
- American Society of Hematology in Orlando, FL. Dec. 5-7. Booth #514
Tagsabdominal pain anemia asthma breast cancer cancer cardiac arrest Case Records Case Records of the Massachusetts General Hospital chemotherapy Clinical Decisions Clinical Practice Clinical Problem-Solving colorectal cancer COPD CPR Diabetes dyspnea emergency medicine fever global health glucocorticoids HIV hypertension Interactive Medical Cases medicine myocardial infarction NEJM nejm 200th anniversary NEJM 200th Anniversary website NEJM Group NEJM Group Open Forum New England Journal of Medicine obesity PCI pregnancy primary care/hospitalist/clinical practice prostate cancer septic shock smoking stroke surgery thrombocytopenia tuberculosis type 2 diabetes Venous thromboembolism